Sunday, February 8, 2009

Remember The Sabbath Day, To Keep It Holy, Among Other Things

Those of you who know me understand that I'm not precisely one to Preach. Pontificate, yes. Preach, no. What beliefs I do hold, I hold strongly, but I'll leave the instructioning to more intelligent and eloquent people. Yet I must needs share something which occurred today.

Back in December I auditioned for the Children's Play CUW produces every year; this year we're doing Alice in Wonderland. When I auditioned, I knew it would be a touring show, and I knew we'd probably perform at least once on a Sunday. Sure enough, today we performed at 2 pm at a Milwaukee-area high school, and I had to miss church.

I didn't expect it to be as traumatic as it was. See, I've never missed church except for sickness. And since I never get sick, I haven't missed church in Donkey's Years. It seems I have grown accustomed to the daily worship of our Creator, and it was rather strange to not be there. It was strange not to spend the time fellowshiping with my fellow believers; it was strange not to worship corporately; it was strange not to have the comfort of Christian instruction. It was strange not going to church today.

While church can sometimes seem like a drag, especially when one must needs wake up early, never discount it. It's an integral part to the day, and I have a strong feeling that this week will be rather different from the norm, because my Sunday was different.

Long live traditionalism!

No comments:

Post a Comment