Friday, March 6, 2009

Das Blog Returns, Temporarily

So right now I should be out enjoying the beauty of an uncommon day, probably walking down by the lake; yet I choose to sit here in my dim dorm and pontificate. Why? Merely because it's been forever since I've pontificated, and that needs to change.

In the temporal realm, things are much, much different. I'm no longer King/Hare in Alice, mostly because Alice is gone bye-bye. For which, as a matter of fact, I am rather sad. Because even though Alice was a perfectly nightmarish process, the end result was rather enjoyable. Add to this the fact that the two shows in which I'm currently involved, Emily and Third, are rather more grown-up and mature productions, and I'm feeling rather lost, theatrically. Oh, and also: it was emphasized to me very poignantly on Tuesday my utter lack of experience in theatre, as I concocted what I thought was a subtle costume and ended up looking like a bar-fight creeper hobo rapist who didn't know his lines. It was pretty pathetic. And then my performance for Musical Theatre AND DANCE, which I expected/hoped would go better, did not. I looked like Indiana Jones meets the Red King, and right now I'm really questioning the point of going on with this theatre nonsense. It seems I've hit a wall.

Let's see, what else is new? Ah, I'm divorced; a fairly amicable event, nothing too vicious on either side. I'm in full swing of stage-managing one of the productions here; I'm considering auditioning for the lead in the Fall Musical; I'm pretty much Pwning-with-a-P all my classes; the vicious depression that was afflicting me is slowly receding...

Let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

That's it, in brief.

Long live Comebacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment