Thursday, January 14, 2010

Alexey Pajitnov and Trailers All Up In Here

What's this? Two entries from Yours Truly in one day? Can such things be?

(As a matter of fact, Can Such Things Be? was the title of a collection of Ambrose Bierce's horror stories, and it was published in 1893.

Yeah. I know some stuff. Yeah.)

Now that I've captured your attention, all you nondescript, nonexistent nonentities who are not reading my blog, allow me to indulge in a brief paean to Alexey Pajitnov, who is possibly one of the greatest minds of our generation. Mad props to anyone who actually knows who Pajitnov is without googling him or otherwise cheating.

Now, movie trailers. First, The Book of Eli releases...tonight, actually, and I probably WON'T go see it, because critics are really divided. I don't know; I just don't know. But that's not the focus of this section of Teh Blog; the focus of this section is one of the TV spots that's currently airing for Book of Eli. Apparently some brilliant reviewer decided to portmanteau a few cliches and came up with the amazing "This movie will rock your soul". Not "This movie will wrench your soul" or "This movie will rock your world" or even "This movie will rock your socks." No, our fearless reviewer (who some fearless online research proves to be one Jake Hamilton) decides to create his own cliche. But it's a silly cliche. For the record, folks--leave the cliche-composing to the pros. Here's the trailer (I'm experimenting with embedding.)



The second doodad I want to be excited about is the first trailer for the A-Team movie. Now, let me go on record as saying that I am NOT an A-Team fan. I don't dislike the show--I just never got into it. Thus, I won't be horrified if they butcher the source material--not as horrified as I was prepared to be about Sherlock Holmes, at least. So here's the trailer.




I like the part where the VO is almost the same as the TV show's intro sequence. Heh heh heh. I may actually go see it--the operative word there being "may".

That is all for now, flocks. Long live pontification! And also, pontificators!

No comments:

Post a Comment