Monday, May 18, 2009

A Stupid New Movie

Okay, so let me go on record as a fan of Sam Raimi. He did a great job with all three Spiderman movies. But his new horror flick Drag Me To Hell? No. Not.

I do enjoy well-made horror films (which means that I don't enjoy many horror films), but Drag Me To Hell does NOT look well-made, horrifying, or possibly even a film. For starters: the trailer seems to intimate that the reason the evil creepy old lady takes out after the victim is...that she's denied a load extension?

If I'm watching the trailer right, the old lady applies for a loan extension, and the female who is to become her victim has to deliver the bad news that the application has been turned down. So the old lady freaks out and...well, that's the beginning of the end.

Seriously? Gosh. Of course I'm not going to see it...I'd be surprised if it gets 10% on the Tomatometer.

Stupid Hollywood.

Long live movie trailers!

No comments:

Post a Comment