Friday, January 23, 2009

Burn Notice And Other Distractions

Winterim is over and done. I'm rather sad about the fact: I really enjoyed the intensely academic atmosphere, the spending hours at a time studying the Bard, the small class size...Good times, good times. As a matter of fact, winterim is technically NOT over and done for me, because I still must needs write my take-home final. Speaking of which, I want to take this opportunity to give a shout-out to Dr. Tom Wilmeth, even though he'll probably never see this. Here's the thing: he could have made us take the final in-class, like everyone else did, so far as I know. But what did he do, in fact? He gave us a take-home final, and he gave us until 6 pm on Saturday to submit it, via email. If that is not cool, I don't know what is.

Oh, and by the way, I'll probably be finishing and sending that off around 5:52 pm Saturday.

Burn Notice! Hurrah! I actually got to watch the premiere last night, shortly after complaining bitterly about not being able to watch the premiere due to rehearsals. However, our Interesting director let us out half an hour early, which made all of us very happy. It made me happier, though, because I got to watch said premiere.

Ah, I remember the last distraction: I bought my textbooks at the bookstore yesterday. They cost way too much, par usual, but I was expecting that. I was more horrified when I went to Half.com and discovered that I could have gotten two of my books for about 30% of what I paid for them in the bookstore. I tell ya, extortion.

That is it for now. I must away (paper to write, etc.)

Long live laptop computers!

No comments:

Post a Comment